Discounts for staff/medical staff
Here are discounted offers available to Royal Columbian staff and medical staff, subject to availability at participating businesses:
• Boston Pizza Big Bend (5801 Marine Way, Burnaby) is generously offering a 20% discount on takeout orders to Royal Columbian’s hard working healthcare team. Directions: If ordering in-person, mention this 20% discount and show your Fraser Health ID. If ordering online or over the phone (604-4434-7555), please use the code “RCH20.”
• Nando’s Chicken is providing free meals to anyone with a valid hospital ID. Offer must be redeemed by phone order or in-person takeout order, and is not valid for delivery or online ordering. Limited to one meal per day, limited meals available per day, while supplies last. Valid through May 3, 2020 at participating restaurants.
• Sapperton District Taphouse (421 E Columbia Street, New Westminster) offers all RCH staff 50% off food orders for pick up orders (entry through our back entrance). Available 3pm-10pm. Call 604.521.1144 to place your order.
• Staff and medical staff are encouraged to visit RCH’s cafeteria to get a free medium coffee or steeped tea, compliments of the Foundation.
• Vancouver Soup Company is offering 10% off of all food and free delivery for RCH Employees with the discount code: rch2020. To receive free delivery, please select “pick up” and in the notes section write “free delivery for RCH Employees”.
• A&W is offering healthcare professionals in BC’s Lower Mainland free drinks in any size. This promotion is available at its restaurants but not through the mobile app or 3rd party delivery services. Show your ID and the drink is on them.
• Your medium McCafé Premium Roast Coffee or Tea is free, available in drive-thru at participating McDonald’s restaurants in Canada.
• Royal Columbian Hospital Foundation has partnered with accommodation providers to offer lodging to medical staff and physicians who are working with COVID-positive patients. Please connect with your supervisor for further information.
• Royal Columbian Hospital Foundation is covering the cost of taxi service as needed for staff and medical staff. Please connect with your supervisor for further information.
• Key West Ford is offering an insured fleet of vehicles for staff and medical staff who would like to drive themselves to/from work. Please connect with your supervisor for further information.
• As a way to say Thank You for the continued efforts, Imperial (Esso and Mobil) are providing up to $2 million in free fuel to Canada’s nurses, doctors, paramedics, hospital staff and other frontline health care workers through an offer of 80,000 digital vouchers, each worth $25. Sign up today.
• From May 1/2020 to July 31/2020, Hyundai Canada/Maple Ridge Hyundai is offering exclusive family pricing. All new Hyundai vehicles will retail at 3% LESS than invoice price to all healthcare workers. Doctors, Nurses, housekeeping, administrative or maintenance staff…are welcome to take advantage of this exclusive offer. If you work for Fraser Health in any capacity you are eligible. Your experience will be handled directly by management and this offer may be combined with all other Hyundai incentive programs available. All you need to qualify for the Hyundai Healthcare Workers Program is your proof of employment (valid Fraser Health ID).
• London Drugs has exclusive shopping for all healthcare workers and first responders during the last hour of the store’s opening, between 8-9 pm daily Monday to Saturday and 7-8 pm Sunday. The dedicated shopping hour is for first responders, and frontline healthcare workers including hospital staff, care homes staff, medical centre employees and pharmacists.
In order to gain entry in the store, our first responders and health care workers will be asked to show Employer ID or credentials from their place of work.
• Aritzia has launched a program to gift 150,000 Canadian frontline healthcare workers with custom-designed clothing packages. Visit their website for more information.
• Get 19% off all scrub tops at Happily Scrubbed with the code RCHHEROS. 15% of all sales from your hospital will be donated back to your foundation. shop here and use the code RCHHEROS at checkout.
• Lantern Academy is offering free video tutoring via Zoom for children of essential service workers. Math classes for grades K-12 are held three times per week, and are two hours long. Other subjects will be added in the coming weeks. To learn more, visit their website. Link to https://lanternacademy.com/
• As a way to thank us for our commitment, passion and hard work, Nicole Porter Wellness is offering two wellness programs to our entire staff. See below for details:
1. The Quarantine Routine – FREE with promo code ‘fhroutine’
A 30-minute seminar to teach us which healthy habits we need to integrate into our day so that we can best manage our physical and mental health.
2. The 8 Weeks to Awesome Wellness Challenge – 80% off with promo code fh95 (until May 31, 2020)
An 8 week, self-directed program covering topics such as nutrition, hydration, screen time, mindfulness, exercise, sleep, multi-taking, all of which can put chronic stress on our bodies and keep us from optimal health. Includes weekly videos, daily emails, daily accountability trackers as well as resources including recipe books, meal planning guidelines, food rules and more.
Signing up is easy:
• Visit: www.nicoleporterwellness.com/thank-you-healthcare-workers
• When signing up for the seminar or the course, use our unique Fraser Health promo codes:
o fhroutine to access the free seminar
o fh95 to receive the 80% discount on the course (offer expires May 31, 2020)
o Please keep these codes within our Fraser Health community. This is an offer exclusively for Fraser Health employees.