Position Title: Coordinator, Marketing and Communications (4 month contract)
REPORTS TO: Manager, Marketing and Communications
In conjunction with other leaders in the Engagement pillar, the Coordinator, Marketing and Communications is responsible for external and internal activities that drive greater awareness and increased affinity towards Royal Columbian Hospital Foundation with a focus on digital execution. The ideal candidate is digital marketing savvy and has an understanding of marketing for fundraising. This is a contract position until February 29, 2024 with the potential to be extended and/or made permanent.
ABOUT ROYAL COLUMBIAN HOSPITAL
Royal Columbian provides the highest level of care to the most critically ill and injured from throughout the region and province. We are a provincial referral center for cardiac care, trauma, neurosciences, high-risk maternity, neonatal intensive care, and mental health. No other hospital in the province provides this level of care, or offers all these services, on one site or in such high volumes.
Right now, Royal Columbian is undergoing a $1.49 billion multi-year, multi-phase redevelopment that will create a world-class critical care hospital. The “crown jewel” of this project is the Jim Pattison Acute Care Tower, scheduled to open in 2025.
ABOUT THE FOUNDATION
Royal Columbian Hospital Foundation (RCHF) is an independent charitable organization that raises millions of dollars each year to fund major projects, priority equipment needs, facility enhancements, research, education and innovation at RCH.
Supporting by thousands of individuals, businesses, community groups and foundations, RCHF strives to achieve its vision to inspire giving and grow funding so patients have access to the best in health care at Royal Columbian Hospital..
Whether it’s a heart attack, car accident, tumor removal or a stroke, Royal Columbian Hospital is known for providing the highest level of care during life or death medical moments. Often, patients and their families wish to express gratitude and honour the care received with a gift to Royal Columbian Hospital Foundation.
We’re searching for an experienced Coordinator, Marketing and Communications who is responsible for supporting, developing and executing Marcom activities that support the organization’s overall goals, with a particular focus on digital marketing.
KEY AREAS OF INVOLEMENT:
- Prepare written content, support email marketing deployment, website updates and third party software maintenance
- Campaign reporting and ongoing optimization, and execution of our digital marketing strategy.
- Create and edit engaging and innovative social media content (videography and photography) for distribution
- Contribute to the development of innovative campaigns and creative content that drives brand awareness and customer engagement
- Provide data and analysis to guide the development, adjustment and execution of marketing strategy and ongoing campaign
- Drive engagement using multiple tools and platforms including Google Ads, Google Analytics, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook
- Design for digital banners, images, brochures, presentations and the like
- Work closely with the Communications Specialist and acts as back-up as needed
- Perform other duties as required by the organization
- A combination of education and career experience in Business, Marketing, Communications, or equivalent
- Some experience as a social and digital strategist in a client-side or agency setting creating, writing, and editing engaging online marketing content (blog posts, landing pages, web copy, newsletters, social media, etc)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Some knowledge of WordPress to write posts and data entry.
- Adobe Creative Suite Skills – Photoshop – to prepare content for emailers and social posts
- Experience with email marketing platforms (Campaigner), social media monitoring platforms and related software
- The ability to manage multiple tasks to keep up a busy communications calendar and meet deadlines
- A creative thinker who is comfortable working both independently and in a team environment.
- Embrace feedback and have a constant desire to learn and improve
- Must have a valid BC driver’s license, and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Some general experience in a related role.
- Some experience in a fundraising organization is an asset.
- Experience working with a wide variety of stakeholders including volunteers, staff and donors.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- An excellent “customer service” attitude
- Proven ability to multi-task in a busy environment, to work well under pressure, and to prioritize tasks appropriately while meeting time-sensitive demands
- Proficient in MS Office and general computer skills
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
- Willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends, as required
- Actively seek opportunities and challenges for personal learning, character building and growth
- Model qualities such as honesty, integrity, resilience, and confidence
- Listen well and encourages open exchange of information and ideas
- Create connections, trust and shared meaning with individuals and groups
- Temporary employees receive 4% of their total wages as vacation pay with each regularly scheduled pay, in lieu of traditional vacation time
- The potential for hybrid working arrangement (up to 2 days remote)
- The opportunity to be part of a reputable health foundation and to make a difference one patient at a time
- A collaborative and supportive working environment
RCHF is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring on the basis of merit. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
RCHF celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment. Through a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experience, we are better able to serve our community. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume via email to: