Welcome to the registration page for maternity tours at RCH. We are delighted that you will be delivering your baby at Royal Columbian Hospital.
The RCH Maternity Tour includes 2 parts:
- A Way-Finding Tour, led by a community volunteer, who will walk you (and your support person) around the hospital so you know where to find registration, the labour & delivery unit, and the postpartum floor.
- An information session with an anesthesiologist (a doctor that specializes in pain relief and the care of surgical patients), who will answer your questions about pain relief options during labour at RCH.
The RCH Maternity Tour is strictly for patients intending to deliver at RCH. It is best that you participate 1-3 months before your due date (i.e. when you are 26-36 weeks pregnant).
You must be under the care of a delivery provider at RCH to sign-up for the tour.
The RCH Maternity Tour requires pre-registration, by following these steps:
- Register online below.
- Print the PDF, which you will receive by email, and bring to your next doctor or midwife appointment for their signature.
- Bring the signed form with you on your tour day! Your form is your ticket and you MUST have this form with you to attend the tour.
All tours meet in the RCH main lobby near the emergency department entrance. A volunteer will meet you in the lobby between the gift shop and the RCH Foundation Office.
A few reminders:
- It is still recommended that you attend community prenatal education classes to help you prepare for childbirth, breastfeeding, and newborn care.
- Spaces on the tour are very limited. If you can no longer attend your scheduled date, please ensure you cancel your reservation using the link in the confirmation email.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have completed the online registration but did not receive a confirmation email.